Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy (belated) birthday to me!

Just got home.....wasn't much of a birthday for me, but it was nice! Tuesday 1/8 was the big day....but unfortunately it was also the day of the wake for my husband's grandmother - so, I had lunch with my co-workers (that was the fun part) and then joined my husband and his family for the wake Tuesday night and the service Wednesday morning. Now, I get home today and sometime between yesterday and today I've strained my back....

I did ALMOST get my present on Tuesday - but not quite. Some kauni yarn I had ordered arrived in the mail, but the postman couldn't fit it in the mailbox and the carport was wet from melting snow, so I got one of those notes to tell me to pick it up at the post office. Of course, with everything else going on, that hasn't happened yet....but soon!

On the up side, I've gotten my project done this week - the Ribby Cardi is done done DONE! Finished that on Monday and wore it to the wake on Tuesday night - took four tries to get the zipper to look the way I wanted it to, but I presevered and got it done!

I also finished the front of the commando sweater hubby's having me make him - looks like it will fit so far, we'll see what happens in the end.

I'll post photos of all the above in a bit - hubby's still with his family until tomorrow so I left one camera with him, I have to find the other camera and take photos of the above.

Update soon......

No comments: